December 15th, 2017
Author Interview with C.L. Knopf
Today we are showcasing C.L. Knopf and one of her characters. Check out both interviews below!
1. Do you think someone could be a writer if they don’t feel emotions
-I think they could still be a writer. They may struggle more that the
ones that feel emotions strongly but I believe it can be
2. Does writing energize you or exhaust you?
-It does both……most of the time it feels energizing except when
3. What is the first book that made you cry?
-I have never cried reading a book. I did cry writing my own.
4. In your opinion, what are common traps for aspiring writers?
-Having unrealistic goals. Thinking everyone out there is just
waiting for your book release. Writers block…..that’s a big one.
5. Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they
-I try to stay true to myself. I am open to suggestions for sure but it
has to feel right to me at the end of the day.
6. What does literary success look like to you?
-Seeing my books in bookstores, maybe becoming a household
name…..that would be amazing.
7. How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
-Currently I just have one. I try very hard not to have a ton of
projects going at the same time.
8. What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the
-To write them without plugging in female traits…..thank god for
beta readers. Saved me a time or two.
9. How do you select the names of your characters?
-I picture the character in my mind and the name usually follows
10. Do you hide secrets in your books that only a few people will
-Not so much secrets but some of my main characters bear a ton of
similarities with myself when it comes to events, personality and
Share your links here so readers know where to find you!
Name and where we can find you – Callum Lawson - Bali
1. What is the one thing you want but can’t have right now?
2. What do you do for a living? Why?
-Watersports instructor at a resort in Bali. Why? Because I’m living
3. Do you ever struggle with inner conflict?
-More now than ever.
4. Five years ago, did you see yourself where you are today?
-In a way I did. I came to Bali five years ago to start my new life.
Then I met a girl. That’s where the inner conflict comes in.
5. Why do you think your author wrote your book?
-She wanted me to experience a love that I didn’t think existed.
6. Tell me what your day is like.
-I get up, throw on my swim trunks and resorts shirt and head to
work, which to me isn’t work. Usually I would teach my classes,
hang out with my mate Espen at the beach bar. When Hannah was
here my days were consumed with her.
7. Off the top of your head, what are three things you would wish for
-Hannah, Answers, Solution
This or That
1. Beach or Mountains – Beach
2. Steak or Chicken – Steak
3. Car or Truck – Car
4. Tattoos or Piercings – Neither
5. T-Shirt or Button Up – T-shirt
6. Marvel or DC Comics – Marvel
7. Skydiving or Bungee Jumping – Skydiving
8. Trip or Staycation – Trip
9. Dogs or Babies – Dogs
Leave a Reply.
An author just sharing her journey to encourage others to take the plunge.